Collect, Analyze and Report on data in 3 simple steps
Empower your market or market organization by working with Farm 2 Facts (F2F), a farmers-market data collection toolkit backed by the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Whether you know it or not, you’re already collecting data through your usual market activities; let us assist with aggregating, interpreting, and reporting that data. F2F will help you hone your decision-making, communicate with stakeholders, and secure funding. We have a one-on-one relationship with every customer, and we develop our software based on your feedback.
Designed by a team with over 30 years of experience with farmers markets. Tested in seven states. F2F works.
The Farm 2 Facts toolkit is:
- Affordable – We pride ourselves in offering an economical toolkit for all sizes of markets and market organizations
- Inclusive – Embrace new communities with over 100 submetrics
- Customizable – Get the specific data you need with help from UW-Madison faculty, staff, and students
- Scalable – F2F will grow with you
STEP 1 – SELECT YOUR METRICS
Collect data that matters to your organization and community, whether you are an individual market or a market organization. F2F does not just measure revenues and operations but your market’s economic, social, and ecological impacts. We offer over 25 metrics and 100 sub-metrics, so you can highlight what matters to you.
Choose from our set of metrics to gain insight and report on info such as::
- average number of visitors per market day (estimated)
- total dollar amount for incentive program sales
- SNAP, WIC FMNP, WIC CCV, and Senior FMNP
- percentage of visitors from represented zip codes (estimated)
- average years in the farming industry per vendor
- total number of volunteer hours contributed
- total number of participants in market programs
Our metrics are updated to be consistent with USDA reporting requirements.
Download a full list of our metrics here:
Step 2 – Collect YOUR Data
F2F provides step-by-step instructions and videos on what to do before, during, and after your market to collect data for your on the metrics that you choose to collect. Our 24/7 customer service is there to assist and answer any questions you may have along the way. Our bi-weekly member Q&A hours offer additional designated time for managers to ask us questions and speak with other managers also collecting data.
Data collection can be even further simplified through Marketwurks, a farmers-market management software created by market managers.
Step 3 – Utilize your results
The Farm 2 Facts reporting tools allow you to analyze, visualize or report on your findings by providing simple data reporting, visual graphs or infographics that are perfect to present to stakeholders or support grant proposals.
Data is knowledge. Put our statistically valid and reliable results to use by assisting your internal decision-making, improving your grant applications, promoting your market, informing your sponsors, etc. The opportunities are endless!